Grandmothers groups meet regionally. Gatherings are a great way for groups to come together and share ideas, resources, and hear from the Stephen Lewis Foundation and our community-based partners. If you are interested in learning more about a gathering in your region please Contact Us.
Additional 2017 Gatherings TBA
- March 11, 2017 — Fanny Bay, British Columbia
- BC Islands Gathering — contact us to register
- April 28, 2017 – Ottawa, Ontario
- April 29, 2017– North Vancouver, British Columbia
- GVG Gathering — contact us to register
Gatherings in 2016 marked the 10 Year Anniversary of the Grandmothers Campaign!
Each gathering included an evening conversation between Stephen Lewis and Ilana Landsberg-Lewis reflecting on 10 years of the Campaign. The gatherings also featured a plenary with African grandmothers and included workshops, networking, and other opportunities for Grandmothers Campaign members to gain knowledge and understanding and recommit to working in solidarity with African grandmothers.
The April 28, 2017 Ottawa-Gatineau Regional Gathering is the 6th and final 10 Year Anniversary Gathering.
- March 11 & 12, 2016 – Vancouver, British Columbia
- September 23 & 24, 2016 – Edmonton, Alberta
- September 24 & 25, 2016 – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- September 30 & October 1, 2016 – Halifax, Nova Scotia
- October 1, 2016 – Greater Toronto Area, Ontario