In the 10 years of the Campaign, grandmothers groups have come up with so many amazing fundraising ideas. Here’s a list of some fundraisers to get you started!
- Interested in marking the 10 Year Anniversary of the Grandmothers Campaign? We’ve brainstormed some great ways to do just that! Check out the 10 Year Anniversary action plan.
- Host a breakfast, luncheon, or dinner and either sell tickets in advance, or ask your guests for donations equivalent to what the meal would cost them in a restaurant.
- Enjoy playing Scrabble? Learn more about Good Words for Africa and host a games tournament.
- Participate in the Grandmothers Campaign’s National Walk, Stride to Turn the Tide, by walking with a local grandmothers group, or organize a Stride Walk of your own.
- Get active for a purpose! Bike, walk, run, or swim, and invite your family, friends, colleagues, and classmates to pledge their support.
- Honour the Grandmothers Campaign at a celebration, like a birthday, graduation, or anniversary.
- Shine a light on the artistic talent in your community and raise money by putting on a concert or show, sell tickets, collect donations. You could even include a silent auction or marketplace.
- Donate the proceeds from your sales – marketplaces, garage sales, baked goods – the sky’s the limit.
Check out our Fundraising Materials and Resources for useful tools to help you plan your next great event!
Not part of a group but interested in hosting a fundraiser? Please contact us to get started.
If you are interested in joining or connecting with a group to learn more about their fundraising initiatives, you can find information on your local group here.