In the 10 years of the Campaign, grandmothers groups have come up with so many amazing fundraising ideas. We recently pulled many of these great ideas into a Grandmothers Campaign Fundraiser Catalogue that is brimming with event inspiration. Visit the Members Only Resources section to access the Catalogue. And in the meantime, here’s a list of some fundraisers to get you started!
- Interested in marking the 10 Year Anniversary of the Grandmothers Campaign? We’ve brainstormed some great ways to do just that! Check out the 10 Year Anniversary action plan.
- Host a breakfast, luncheon, or dinner and either sell tickets in advance, or ask your guests for donations equivalent to what the meal would cost them in a restaurant.
- Enjoy playing Scrabble? Learn more about Good Words for Africa and host a games tournament.
- Participate in the Grandmothers Campaign’s National Walk, Stride to Turn the Tide, by walking with a local grandmothers group, or organize a Stride Walk of your own.
- Get active for a purpose! Bike, walk, run, or swim, and invite your family, friends, colleagues, and classmates to pledge their support.
- Honour the Grandmothers Campaign at a celebration, like a birthday, graduation, or anniversary.
- Shine a light on the artistic talent in your community and raise money by putting on a concert or show, sell tickets, collect donations. You could even include a silent auction or marketplace.
- Donate the proceeds from your sales – marketplaces, garage sales, baked goods – the sky’s the limit.
Don’t forget to check out the Grandmothers Campaign Catalogue in the Members Only Resources section, and our Fundraising Materials and Resources for useful tools to help you plan your next great event!
Not part of a group but interested in hosting a fundraiser? Please contact us to get started.
If you are interested in joining or connecting with a group to learn more about their fundraising initiatives, you can find information on your local group here.