In this section, you will find resources and materials relevant to the Grandmothers Campaign. These are used across the Campaign in many ways – for group events, information sessions, or for distribution to local communities – as grandmothers groups raise funds and awareness, and build solidarity with African grandmothers.
April 2019 – Digital Toolkit!
If you and your group are looking for tips and tricks for your online communications, event promotions, and online community engagement to name a few things, be sure to check out the new Digital Toolkit. There are tips on how to use Facebook and YouTube in a way that increases your group’s digital impact.
This will continue to be a work in progress so please feel free to share any suggestions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Videos can be an engaging way to share important information about the Grandmothers Campaign and the SLF at group meetings, fundraising events, or for new members. Some are available on DVD, contact us to request one. You can also view more videos on the SLF YouTube channel.
We have a variety of print materials for use in your fundraising and awareness-raising efforts. You can request bundles of all of the print materials listed below from our office by contacting us.
- Grandmothers Campaign Bookmarks
- Grandmothers Campaign 2-Sided Flyer
- Grandmothers Campaign Postcards with a quote from Stephen Lewis
- SLF Grassroots newsletters (published every fall) & Spotlight on Grassroots newsletter (published every spring).
- Turning the Tide postcards with a message from Stephen Lewis:
- Donor envelopes (with your group ID# to track the donations)
Powered by Love – Book Resources
Powered by Love: A Grandmothers’ Movement to End AIDS in Africa draws on hundreds of interviews with grandmothers in sub-Saharan Africa, Canada, and the UK, to tell the story of this incredible movement from the perspective of grandmothers themselves. These stories help readers to understand the impact African grandmothers are having in the midst of the AIDS pandemic and to appreciate the power of the global grandmothers’ movement and how it grew.
- Visit the Powered by Love book website to learn more
- Download the Powered by Love Book Club Guide
- Watch a video that includes interviews with African grandmothers featured in the book, along with context from the co-authors (10 mins)
- Listen to a 4 min song written specifically for this book. The accompanying video includes many beautiful photos that are included in the book.
Grandmothers Gatherings Statements
Grandmothers themselves facilitate workshops and lead discussions on topics ranging from grief to depression, from stigma to the care of children orphaned by AIDS, from land rights to pensions. From these gatherings have come important statements that have become touchstones for grandmothers. The Statements are listed below along with the languages they are available in. Grandmothers have gathered in:
- Toronto, Canada – Toronto Statement (2006, Includes English, French, Spanish) and Gathering Report
- Manzini, Swaziland – Swaziland Statement (2010, English, French, Portuguese)
- Entebbe, Uganda – Ugandan Statement (2015, English, French)
- Durban, South Africa – South African Statement (2016, English)
- Arusha, Tanzania – Tanzanian Statement (2018, English, Kiswahili)
- Fundraising Materials and Resources
- Facebook How-To Guide
- SLF Logo Gallery
- SLF Photo Gallery
- Additional materials such as fact sheets on HIV & AIDS and suggestions for further reading can be found on the Stephen Lewis Foundation website. Click here to find out more.
- The Stephen Lewis Foundation
- For more information related to HIV & AIDS, please visit the Links page on the Foundation website: www.stephenlewisfoundation.org/news-resources/links
- Grandmothers Pledge Events Online Fundraising pages
- Grandmothers Campaign Facebook Page